The world under the sea is very wide and contains a large number of different large and small species. They are of different shapes, sizes and colors. More common species like octopus, jellyfish, cuttlefish and squid are all different from each other. Let’s have a look on difference between them.
It belongs to order octopoda. An octopus contain four pairs of arms and two eyes. They are bilaterally symmetric. They do not have any skeleton. They have very intelligent behavior.
They are also known as jelliz or sea jelliz. They are free swimming members of cindaria phylum. They found in almost every ocean and in the deep water. A specie of jellyfish inhabitat in fresh water.
They belong to order sepiida. It is actually not a fish but molluscs. They contain eight-arms, a large w-shaped pupils and a internal cuttle bone. They are 15 cm in length and 10.5 kg weight.
They belong to order teuthida. They have eight arms, a distinct head and symmetry. Certain specie can fly from a short distance on water.
It is a food very famous in many countries of the world. In English it is known as squid. In Japan over 700,000 tons is consumed every year.
Jellyfish vs Cuttlefish vs Calamari vs Squid vs Octopus
The difference between octopus and jellyfish is that, octopus do not contain any skeleton and have four pairs of arms which make it different from other sea species. While jellyfish is found in very deep water and they are very small in size. Difference between cuttlefish and squid is that, cuttlefish contain eight arms and they are the largest sea species. While one of the squid specie can also fly on the some short distance above the water. While calamari is a dish which is also known as squid.
- What is the Difference between Python, Anaconda, Alligator and Crocodile
- What is the Difference between Mountain Goats, Goats, Sheeps and Lambs
- What is the Difference between Rabbits, Gophers, Rats, Squirrels and Chipmunks
- What is the Difference between Lion Tiger Panther Jaguar Leopard And Cheetah
- What is the Difference between Platyhelminth, Trematode, Nematode and Annelid
- What is the Difference between Husky, Dog, Fox, Jackal, Coyote and Wolf
- What is the Difference between Mites, Ticks, Gnat, Lice, Fleas and Bed Bugs
- What is the Difference between Sea Otters, Walrus, Seals and Sea Lions
- What is the Difference between Bullock, Buffalo, Heifer, Cow and Ox
- What is the Difference between Chimpanzees, Gorillas, Apes and Monkeys