The terms “Narcissist, Psychotic, Psychopath and Sociopath” represent different mental conditions that a person may contain in different situations. However, the words of these terms belong to some ancient English and that’s why people feel much difficulty in understanding these terms. Moreover, being closely related mental conditions, some of these terms are really confusing. Here is a comprehensive description of these terms.
Narcissism is the practice of displaying grandiosity, superiority, entitlement, competitiveness, envy, lack of empathy, shallow affect etc. The person, who worships him or herself or considers that everything revolves around you and everything you do, is for your own good and use, is called Narcissist.
Psychosis is a loss of contact with reality, usually including false beliefs about what is taking place or who one is facing delusion and seeing or hearing things that aren't there. Psychotic is a broad term to describe anybody with a severe mental illness. It is also used to describe the symptoms “psychotic episodes".
A type of personality disorder that appears in the form of a person’s disability in making attachments with human being is known as psychopath. In fact, this is a type of inability that a psychopath patient reflects in the form of having no interpersonal emotions. These patients feel satisfaction, when they show selfish or harmful attitude.
Sociopaths have normally, behave in usual manner. However, they their extent of personality disorder is due to some negative sociological factors such as delinquent peers, negligence from parents etc.
Narcissist vs Psychotic vs Psychopath vs Sociopath
Both psychopaths and sociopaths are prone to violence and acts of deceit, however they may behave differently. Sociopaths often explode into violence at a very slight provocation, while psychopaths are very calculating and may take years to plan a crime. Similarly, Psychotics have lost contact with reality and occasionally hallucinate, so they're just people who just lost reality. Psychopaths are the main threats, unfortunately, they didn’t lose reality. They know what they're doing. On the other hand, Narcissists consider them superior that all others and suffer from superiority complex.
- What is the Difference between Western Chinese Alternative Traditional Medicine
- What is the Difference between Scabies, Hives and Rash
- What is the Difference between Penicillin Augmentin Clarithromycin Amoxicillin
- What is the Difference between Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- What is the Difference between Agoraphobia, Homophobia, Xenophobia and Racism
- What is the Difference between Hypopnea Insomnia Narcolepsy and Sleep Apnea
- What is the Difference between Hyperplasia, Metaplasia, Anaplasia, Dysplasia and Neoplasia
- What is the Difference between Endemic, Virulence, Epidemic and Pandemic
- What is the Difference between Clindamycin Erythromycin Neomycin Azithromycin
- What is the Difference between Angioplasty Stent Bypass and Open Heart Surgery