English has become an international language. Many students go to other countries for seeking better education. Similarly, some people work in other countries and instead of using their mother language, they have to communicate in English. IELTS and TOFEL are two different English tests. Many people consider them same, but actually they are different. Here are some basic differences between them.
IELTS is a standard test of English language. IELTS test is administered by British Councils, the university of Cambridge and IELTS Australia. Traditionally, it was associated with British Government universities. They were use to take this test to check the capability of foreign students. The structure of test is divided into four sections including reading, writing, speaking and listening. IELTS is taken into British English. Language really matters, when it comes to speaking section. People with better memory can do this test more properly. IELTS will not over look bad grammar, so to pass the test one has to be good in each and every aspect. IELTS speaking test is taken by examiner.
TOEFL is another test of English language. TOEFL is administered by ETS, a US based nonprofit organization. It is used for admission in American and Canadian universities. TOEFL is consists of four sections, which includes reading, listening, speaking and writing. TOEFL uses exclusively American English. TOEFL is evaluated on holistically, instead of marking individual sections like logic, style and grammar. TOEFL speaking test is taken by computer.
IELTS vs TOEFL
IELTS and TOEFL are two different tests for checking the capability of a person in English language. They both are different in many aspects. IELTS is taken by British government, and used for admission in British universities. On the other hand, TOEFL is taken by a nonprofit organization and used for the admission in Canadian and American Universities. Structure of both tests is apparently similar, they both are divided into four sections but the format is different in both tests. In TOEFL we have Multiple Choice questions in reading and listening section, but for IELTS format for these sections in different. IELTS is taken into British English, while TOEFL is taken into American English. TOEFL is more predictable as compared to IELTS. In speaking section IELTS test is taken in interview format, while In TOEFL answers are recorded. In speaking and writing sections, TOFEL is graded on holistic approach, while IELTS is graded on individual parts like essay, vocabulary, logic, grammar and style.
- What is the Difference between Certificate Associates GED Diploma and Degree
- What is the Difference between Principle and Principal
- What is the Difference between Graduate and Undergraduate
- What is the Difference between Journal, Thesis, Dissertation and Research Paper
- What is the Difference between Aptitude Test, Intelligence Test, Iq and Eq
- What is the Difference between White and Red Blood Cells
- What is the Difference between Tone and Mood
- What is the Difference between Skills Qualification Education and Experience
- What is the Difference between Resolution, Validity, Accuracy and Precision
- What is the Difference between Quizzes, Votes, Polls and Surveys