In this age of information and discoveries where scientists are busy in discovering new things and almost 120 pages of new information is being written on new discoveries and latest information by the scientists it has become quite difficult to pile up this mountain of information without any proper process and planning. To find the required information out of this sea of information is like finding a needle in a dark pitch night. To find the required information with ease and efficiently we use different methods. In some books indices are used while some use appendix. Table of contents are also used to find the required information. All of these are used to access the required information with ease.
An index page is also known as main page or front page. Index page helps to find the related topic with ease and saves precious time. With the help of index page we can straight away open the related topic without going through the pages.
Any other additional information written at the end of an article or book and it is not the part of the main topic or subject under consideration is known as appendix. It gives extra information to the reader and clarifies the concept more efficiently.
An addition to information is called annex. It is about the topic or main body of the subject under discussion. It elaborates the topic and is helpful in understanding topic.
Table of contents
in table of contents parts of book are listed and thus making it easy to find the required topic without wasting precious time. It contains description or chapter titles.
Index Vs Appendix Vs Annex Vs Table of Contents
Index is the front page of any book while appendix is the information given at the end of the topic not related with the topic. Annex is the extra information just as appendix but it is related to topic and tends to elaborate it on the other hand table of contents shows parts of book and chapter headings making it easy for the reader to access his required topic without wasting time.
- What is the Difference between White and Red Blood Cells
- What is the Difference between IELTS and TOEFL Tests
- What is the Difference between Arithmetic Algebra Geometry and Trigonometry
- What is the Difference between References, Bibliography and Works Cited
- What is the Difference between Union and All Union
- What is the Difference between Designer, Drafter and Architect
- What is the Difference between Veins and Arteries
- What is the Difference between Graduate and Undergraduate
- What is the Difference between CV and Resume