No doubt, food is the most important necessity of all living beings. As the specialty of human beings is that, they prefer food is cooked form, so people belong to different areas adopt different food recipes. Burrito, Taco, Fajita, Quesadilla, Chalupa, Tortilla, Tostada and Enchilada are the names of different food recipes that are famous in Mexico. Here is the description and difference between these various food recipes.
Burrito is the name of a Mexican dish that consists of a wheat flour or corn flour tortilla, but in cylindrical shaped with completely wrapped form. The filling in fully wrapped tortilla may be different like Mexican rice, beans, meat, cheese, lettuce and avocado.
Taco is also a famous Mexican dish that again consists of wheat or corn flour tortilla, but in half wrapped form with different filling materials. The filling material may be vegetables, meat, seafood or cheese.
Fajita is the name of a Tex-Mex dish recipe that is equally famous in Mexico and Texan. Fajita is just a form of Mexican Taco, but essentially consists of grilled meat as a filling of taco. Commonly using meat as filling are beef, chicken and shrimps.
Quesadilla is a Mexican recipe that is made by wheat or corn tortilla as a wrapping material and cheese as well as meat and beans as filling materials. The specialty of quesadilla is its half moon-like shape that is made b half wrapping the tortilla around filling.
Chalupa is Mexican dish that consists of tostada platter, made by thin layers of masa dough in pressed and deep fried form to make shallow and crispy corn cups. The filling material could be red or green salsa, chopped onion, shredded chicken etc.
Tortilla is simply wheat or corn plain bread that is used as a wrapping material around different types of filling material to make various Mexican dishes.
Tostada is a favorite dish in Mexico that is available as a base material of wheat or corn tortilla, but in deep fried or toasted bowl shape. It is just like pizza shape that consists of filling materials as chopped onion, lettuce, sea food and salsa.
Enchilada is also made up by tortilla as a wrapping material around various types of filling, but it is strictly corn tortilla and enclosed by sauce of chili pepper. The filling could be meat, vegetables, sea food, cheese, potato and beans.
Burrito vs Taco vs Fajita vs Quesadilla vs Chalupa vs Tortilla vs Tostada vs Enchilada
Burrito, Taco, Fajita, Quesadilla, Chalupa,Tortilla, Tostada and Enchilada all dishes belong to Mexico. However, among all these only tortilla is not the name of any special dish, but it is just plain wheat or corn bread. However, this tortilla is the necessary constituent of all these Mexican dishes as a base material. Almost all these dishes are same with a base material of tortilla and filling material as a variety of things like meat, vegetables, lettuce, onion, salsa etc. The only difference is that, these dishes are in different shapes a little bit different taste.
- What is the Difference between Chicken Stock and Chicken Broth
- What is the Difference between Saturated and Unsaturated Fats
- What is the Difference between Diet Coke, Sprite, 7up, Pepsi and Coca Cola
- What is the Difference between Pedialyte, Vitamin Water, Gatorade and Powerade
- What is the Difference between Groundnuts Almonds Cashews Peanuts and Tree Nuts
- What is the Difference between Fruit and Vegetable
- What is the Difference between Wholemeal, Wheat, Brown and White Bread
- What is the Difference between Cappuccino Americano Mocha Coffee and Espresso
- What is the Difference between Agarose Broth Arrowroot Pectin Agar and Gelatin
- What is the Difference between Dry Milk, Powdered Milk, Fresh Milk, Evaporated Milk, Instant Milk, Regular Milk, Condensed Milk, Liquid Milk