It is a matter of common thing that people like winter season more as compared to summer season. However, if any one gets infected by extremely low temperature, its impact could be ordinary or even very severe. The common sufferings caused by extremely low temperature are like Pneumonia, Meningitis, Strep, Cold and Flu. Normally, people do not know the exact causes and symptoms of these diseases and pay high charges to doctors for diagnosis of these diseases. Here are some key differences among these diseases.
Pneumonia is a disease, in which lungs get infected. Usually, they are bacteria, which lives in our nose, respiratory track or moth, which cause an infection in lungs.
There is a membrane, meninges, which envelopes out brain a spinal cord, the inflammation in this membrane is called meningitis. There are many causes of this disease, usually it is caused by bacterial or viral infection but physical injuries can also cause this condition. Bacteria are present on our skin, in our urinary and gastrointestinal systems. These bacteria can reach to this membrane through blood. Moreover, cerebrospinal fluid, which is present around spinal cord, an also act as transporter of microorganisms.
A common infection of throat, which is caused by streptococcus bacteria, is called as Strep throat. It spread with saliva or nasal secretions, so usually all the members of family catch this infection if one gets infected.
Viral infection of upper respiratory track is called as cold or common cold. This is called by different viruses, like corona and rhino. Symptoms of common cold are runny nose, sore throat, fever and cough.
Flu or influenza is a disease, which is caused by RNA viruses. The complete respiratory tract of human gets infected. Severe flu can lead to tuberculosis. It is categorized into A, B and C types.
Pneumonia vs Meningitis vs Strep vs Cold vs Flu
The flu is often accompanied by fever, but it is rare in case of cold. Patients suffer mild aches in cold, but they are usual, and rather often severe in flu. Similarly, the cause of flu is normally virus in contrast to pneumonia that is caused by bacteria. Strep is safely killed by gargling with a small amount of this solution a few times daily. You can safely swallow it afterwards, as this helps kill other pathogenic bacterium within the body. Symptoms of meningitis include fever, chills, changes in mental status, nausea, vomiting, light sensitivity, severe headaches and stiff neck.
- What is the Difference between Buffered C, C Complex, Ester C, Vitamin C and Calcium
- What is the Difference between Leg Lifts, Planks, Pilates, Crunches and Situps
- What is the Difference between Vitamin B, B1, B3, B6 and B12 Complex
- What is the Difference between Optician, Optometrist and Ophthalmologist
- What is the Difference between Nebulizer, Humidifier and Vaporizer
- What is the Difference between Freckle, Whitehead and Blackhead
- What is the Difference between Vicodin and Percocet
- What is the Difference between Retinol, Beta Carotene, Vitamin A and Accutane
- What is the Difference between Bikram Power Iyengar Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga
- What is the Difference between Paracetamol Motrin Aleve Tylenol and Advil