Vitamins are organic compounds in nature. They are required by the body in very small amount but they are very vital too. Human body cannot produce them, so they must be present in diet. There are different types of vitamins, like A,B,C,D,E,K and many others. Here we are describing difference between them.
This vitamin is very important for the proper functioning of eye retina. Moreover, it is also helpful in gene transcription and embryonic development. Source of this vitamin are fruits, vegetables, eggs and dairy products.
Vitamin B is the group of vitamin, which are soluble in water. This is very important for cell metabolism. Its deficiency can cause beriberi and microcytic anemia and acne. Its sources are meat products, whole grains, beans and bananas.
This vitamin is vital for immune system and citrus fruits are great source of Vitamin C. Its deficiency can cause scurvy in human. This vitamin is required by some animals also.
This vitamin is unique as it acts as prohormone and its fat soluble too. Human body can synthesis this vitamin or itself, if sun exposure is adequate. It plays a great role in strengthening of bones. Low levels of vitamin D can also cause cancers.
It is group of fat soluble compounds. Oils, vegetables and fruits are few sources of vitamin E. Its deficiency can cause immune system damage and ataxia.
This vitamin is also fat soluble and like Vitamin B, it is also a group of vitamin. Vitamin K is required for the blood coagulation and proper functioning of metabolic pathways. Green vegetables are great source of this vitamin.
All above stated vitamins are broad categories of vitamin; all others like B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, K1 and K2 are categorized with their respective vitamin.
Vitamin A vs B vs C vs D vs E vs K vs Other Vitamins
Vegetables and fruits are great source of these vitamins; human body cannot produce any vitamin except Vitamin D. Vitamin A is important for vision, while C and E are important for immune system. Vitamin K is vital for metabolic pathways and blood coagulation. All these and other vitamins are important and their deficiency can lead to diseases like cancer and beriberi.
- What is the Difference between HMO and PPO
- What is the Difference between Dumbbell and Barbell Bench Press
- What is the Difference between Buffered C, C Complex, Ester C, Vitamin C and Calcium
- What is the Difference between Nebulizer, Humidifier and Vaporizer
- What is the Difference between Poisonous, Harmful, Toxic and Hazardous
- What is the Difference between Doctor, Nutritionist and Dietitian
- What is the Difference between Full Figured, Overfat, Overweight and Obese
- What is the Difference between Sprinting, Walking, Jogging and Running
- What is the Difference between Vicodin and Percocet
- What is the Difference between Lotion Moisturizer Gel Creme Ointment and Cream