Vitamins are the part of balanced diet and we need these nutrients as a part of our daily diet. There is a long list of vitamins like A, B, C, D, E etc. Among all these vitamins, vitamin B has many further subclasses and due to this reason, we know it as vitamin B complex. It includes a long range of vitamins that are water soluble. Overall, we call all these vitamins as vitamin B complex. Here is the difference between Vitamin B, B1, B3, B6 and B12 Complex.
Vitamin B Complex
Vitamin B complex itself is nothing, but a group of water soluble vitamins that are characterized as B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12. All these vitamins perform different functions in body like B1,B2 and B3 are the sources of energy generation in our body by rising the efficiency of enzymes. Similarly, B 6 is essential for keeping metabolism in correct manner and B9 is the folic acid.
Vitamin B1 is also known as thiamine that is the source of energy production in our bodies. The deficiency of vitamin B1 gives harmful impact on heart, muscles and nervous system and regular intake of this vitamin is necessary to avoid the disease called “Beriberi”.
The other name for vitamin B3 is niacin is an essential nutrition for keeping cell metabolism healthy. Its deficiency can lead a person towards skin and digestive problems in the form of a disease called pellagra.
Vitamin B6 is also known as pyridoxine. It provides energy to red blood cells by breaking down protein. Its deficiency can lead a person towards high blood pressure, depression, water retention and anemia.
B12 is also called Cobalamin and it is essential for keeping nerve cells active, replication of DNA and proper action of folic acid in the body. Its deficiency can lead a person towards memory loss, peripheral neuropathy and cognitive deficits.
Vitamin B vs B1 vs B3 vs B6 vs B12 Complex
Vitamin B1, B3, B6 and B12 complex are the members of vitamin B complex and impart different role in growth and development of different body parts. Moreover, the deficiency of every individual vitamin in Vitamin B complex is the source of some separate disease. Overall, vitamin complex helps us in maintaining cell metabolism, keeping nervous system health, making folic acid the part of our body, enhance immune system and reduce the risk of cancer. The common sources of vitamin B complex are whole grain, banana, chili pepper, beans, yeast, lentils etc.
- What is the Difference between Freckle, Whitehead and Blackhead
- What is the Difference between Yoga and Pilates
- What is the Difference between Ephedrine, Epinephrine and Norepinephrine
- What is the Difference between Vicodin and Percocet
- What is the Difference between Yoga, Stretching and Warming Up
- What is the Difference between Electronic Medical Record and Personal Health Record
- What is the Difference between Leg Lifts, Planks, Pilates, Crunches and Situps
- What is the Difference between Retinol, Beta Carotene, Vitamin A and Accutane
- What is the Difference between Nebulizer, Humidifier and Vaporizer
- What is the Difference between Paracetamol Motrin Aleve Tylenol and Advil