Both nature and nurture are two widely using terms in behavioral science. In the field of behavioral science, whenever you want to discuss about characteristics and specialties of a particular person, you talk about its nature and nurture. Most of people use both the words interchangeably, while talking about features of any person. This is a wrong thing. No doubt, both words are related with characteristics of persons. However, there is a vast difference in the meanings of both words.
According to behavioral science, the nature is the name of those genetic or hereditary habits or characteristics of a person, which he takes from his ancestors. In these types of habit, there is no influence of his efforts or environmental factors. You can understand this thing by taking considering an example. If, the grand father or mother of a person is an actor and interest of that person is also towards acting. This is because of his nature, which he has borrowed from his ancestors.
Behavioral science defines the term nurture as, it is the name of those characteristics of a particular person, which he has generated within himself with his deep efforts or automatically generated in him because of environmental impact. You can say that if a person becomes an actor by seeking acting with his great efforts, then obviously he becomes an actor. In this case, it is not necessary that any ancestor of this person remain actor in his whole life.
Nature vs Nurture
The crystal clear difference between nature and nurture is their origin. In case of nature, the characteristics of a person must resemble with his anyone ancestor. This is because of hereditary or genetic transfer from person to person. However, nurture related characteristics are the result of environmental factors or because of deep efforts for creating such habits or features in a person. Such characteristics of a person may be entirely different from his ancestors.
- What is the Difference between Granite Marble Basalt Diorite Gabbro Rhyolite Quartz Silestone
- What is the Difference between Summer, Winter, Autumn and Spring Seasons
- What is the Difference between Tornado Watch and Warning
- What is the Difference between Weathering and Erosion
- What is the Difference between Mahogany Beech Walnut Ash Pine Oak and Maple
- What is the Difference between Isolated and Scattered Thunderstorms
- What is the Difference between Self-Esteem Self-Efficacy Self-Confidence Self-Worth Self-Respect Self-Image Self-Concept
- What is the Difference between Bay Stream Lake Gulf River Sea and Ocean
- What is the Difference between Organic and Inorganic Compounds