Can you count the reasons behinds severe natural destructive impacts upon the earth? Volcano, Tremor, Earthquake and Aftershock are the names of some natural disasters that cause cruel damage of earth as well as people. These are called disasters, as they lead human beings towards greater loss both in terms of life, residence and finance. Many people think that tremors, earthquakes and aftershocks are the names of similar things, but it is not. In fact, there are some key differences between these terms that you can understand from the following lines.
Volcano is the opening in earth crust or surface that usually lies at the top edge of a mountain either land or ocean and this opening permits hot magma, ashes and gases to get away from the bottom of earth. This magma or lava is the responsible of severe damaging effects upon the surrounding surface.
Tremor is the vibrating movement of earth surface that usually occur before striking of earth quake. In fact, you can say tremor as the earthquake of smaller little magnitude with less chances of damage.
An earthquake is a seismic event that occurs by the sudden discharge of earth crust’s energy and produces seismic waves. In most cases, an earth quake causes shaking and even displacement of ground. The result appears in the form of severe loss of property as well as lives.
Aftershocks are the secondary earthquakes that occur after the previous earthquake. Aftershock could be of smaller magnitude or higher magnitude than the previous earthquake. If the aftershock is of more magnitude than previous earthquake, then this will be the main shock and previous will be the foreshock.
Volcano vs Tremor vs Earthquake vs Aftershock
When lava or hot magma emits from an opening in earth crust, the formation that contains the opening is called volcano. Tremor is just like earth quake but with small magnitude and cause vibration of earth surface. While, earthquakes are the sources of generating seismic waves by abrupt discharge of energy from earth crust in contrast to aftershocks that occur after the earth quake with little or more magnitude than the previous earth quake.
- What is the Difference between Self-Esteem Self-Efficacy Self-Confidence Self-Worth Self-Respect Self-Image Self-Concept
- What is the Difference between Global Warming, Cooling and Climate Change
- What is the Difference between Obsession, Lust, Crush, Love and Infatuation
- What is the Difference between Bacteria and Virus
- What is the Difference between Climate and Weather
- What is the Difference between Total Eclipse, Lunar Eclipse and Solar Eclipse
- What is the Difference between Sea and Swell
- What is the Difference between Ice Age Ozone Depletion and Greenhouse Effect
- What is the Difference between Xylem and Phloem