Human race is widely spread on this planet Earth. Social science is the field of study concerned with society and human behavior. There are different branches of social sciences; ethnography and anthropology are two of them. People use these terms interchangeably, yet they are different. Here, we are discussing difference between them.
A quantitative research method, which has objective to understand cultural phenomena of a specific cultural group, is called as Ethnography. In this branch of social science, we study not only ethnic groups and their formations but also their composition, resettlement and their spiritual culture. This research method is used to collect data on human societies. Field study and case report are synonyms of Ethnography, which are used in biological studies.
Anthropology is the vast branch of social science, which deals with origins, culture, biological characteristics, beliefs and social customs of human race. Anthropology deals with human behavior, their physical traits and their evolution from ancestors. It is also concerned with social organization and culture of human.
Other Social Sciences
Social science is an umbrella term, which deals with society and human behavior. It includes anthropology, archaeology, economics, criminology, political science, linguistics, sociology, history, law and geography. All these branches have very vast applications in real life.
Ethnography vs Anthropology vs Other social sciences
Social science is a huge umbrella, which deals with many braches of social sciences. Anthropology is the branch of social science, which deals with origin, culture, beliefs and social customs of human race. It deals with almost every aspect of human society and culture. On the other hand, ethnography is a quantitative research method. The aim of this method is to understand the composition, resettlement and spiritual organization of human society. This method helps is data collection and is also called as field study. In short Anthropology is the branch of social science, while ethnography is a research method, which is used to study Anthropology.
- What is the Difference between Lime Asphalt Grout Mortar Cement and Concrete
- What is the Difference between Polyacrylic Polyethylene Polyurethane Urethane
- What is the Difference between Methane, Alcohol, Methanol and Ethanol
- What is the Difference between Dna and Rna
- What is the Difference between Distilled Deionized Filtered Soft & Hard Water
- What is the Difference between Electric Force, Electricity, Magnetism, Gravity
- What is the Difference between Love and Lust
- What is the Difference between Covalent Bonds and Ionic Bonds
- What is the Difference between Analogue and Digital
- What is the Difference between Endocytosis Exocytosis Phagocytosis Pinocytosis