Human race is widely spread on this planet Earth. Social science is the field of study concerned with society and human behavior. There are different branches of social sciences; ethnography and anthropology are two of them. People use these terms interchangeably, yet they are different. Here, we are discussing difference between them.
A quantitative research method, which has objective to understand cultural phenomena of a specific cultural group, is called as Ethnography. In this branch of social science, we study not only ethnic groups and their formations but also their composition, resettlement and their spiritual culture. This research method is used to collect data on human societies. Field study and case report are synonyms of Ethnography, which are used in biological studies.
Anthropology is the vast branch of social science, which deals with origins, culture, biological characteristics, beliefs and social customs of human race. Anthropology deals with human behavior, their physical traits and their evolution from ancestors. It is also concerned with social organization and culture of human.
Other Social Sciences
Social science is an umbrella term, which deals with society and human behavior. It includes anthropology, archaeology, economics, criminology, political science, linguistics, sociology, history, law and geography. All these branches have very vast applications in real life.
Ethnography vs Anthropology vs Other social sciences
Social science is a huge umbrella, which deals with many braches of social sciences. Anthropology is the branch of social science, which deals with origin, culture, beliefs and social customs of human race. It deals with almost every aspect of human society and culture. On the other hand, ethnography is a quantitative research method. The aim of this method is to understand the composition, resettlement and spiritual organization of human society. This method helps is data collection and is also called as field study. In short Anthropology is the branch of social science, while ethnography is a research method, which is used to study Anthropology.
- What is the Difference between Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Cells
- What is the Difference between Neutral, Earthing, Grounding and Bonding
- What is the Difference between Alternating Current And Direct Current
- What is the Difference between Watertight, Water Repellent, Waterproof and Water Resistant
- What is the Difference between Physical Therapy, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology and Exercise Science
- What is the Difference between Stainless Steel, Bronze, Iron and Steel
- What is the Difference between Fructose Sucrose Glycogen Glucose and Galactose
- What is the Difference between Jet Fuel, Fuel Oil, Kerosene, Diesel, Gasoline
- What is the Difference between Watts, Bhp, Horsepower and Torque
- What is the Difference between Chiller, Freezer, Refrigerator and Heat Pump