Cell is the basic unit of all the living things including plants and animals. It consists of different components like plastids, ribosome, mitochondria, chloroplast etc. that have their different functions in cell. Some generates energy for cell, while some produce protein or other necessary things for cell. Let’s have a brief look on the difference between
Plastids are the main organelles of the plants and algae. They contain site of manufacture and important chemicals which are used by cells. They contain pigments used in photosynthesis. These pigments determine the color of cell. They have double standard DNA molecule which is circular.
It is a component of cell. It synthesizes the protein chains in the cell. It assembles the twenty amino acid molecules to produce the protein. The molecular biology tells that DNA makes an RNA molecule which makes protein. Ribosome takes the information from m RNA and makes protein.
They are also known as cellular power plants. Because they generates the most of the cell’s supply ATP molecules for chemical energy. They range from 0.1 – 1.0 micrometer in diameter. They are different in quantity in different types of cells.
These are the organelles found in cells of plant. They carried out the photosynthesis process in plants cells. They take light energy from sun light to conserve free energy in the form of ATP. They are green due to pigment in them.
Plastids vs Ribosomes vs Mitochondria vs Chloroplasts
The difference between plastids and ribosome is, plastids are the main organelles of the plants cells and they generate important chemicals for the cells of plants. While ribosome is a component of cell which typically produce protein for the cell. Difference between mitochondria and chloroplast is, mitochondria is power plant for cell, it generates the energy supply for cell in the form of ATP. While chloroplast is found in plants cell and it carries the photosynthesis process from sunlight by preserving energy.
- What is the Difference between Methane, Alcohol, Methanol and Ethanol
- What is the Difference between Watts, Bhp, Horsepower and Torque
- What is the Difference between Atomic Mass, Weight, Number and Radius
- What is the Difference between Chromatin and Chromosomes
- What is the Difference between Electric Force, Electricity, Magnetism, Gravity
- What is the Difference between Radioactivity Convection Radiation Chemotherapy
- What is the Difference between Nucleophile, Alkaline, Salt, Acid and Base
- What is the Difference between Aqueous Coating, Sealer, Stain, Varnish, Shellac
- What is the Difference between Flagella, Stereocilia, Microvilli and Cilia
- What is the Difference between Voltage and Current