The use of guns is not new, as this is a very old invention. However, many remarkable changes have been brought about in the model, designs and functions of guns. On behalf of such designs and different ranges, guns can be categorized in different names. Some famous guns are like m16, ar-15, sks, m4, ak-47 and ak-74. Here are some key differences between them.
A 5.56mm rifle that has light weight, magazine-fed, air-cooled and gas-operated features is known as M-16. A direct gas impingement operation activates the rotating bolt of this rifle.
Another semi-automatic rifle that has 5.56mm, magazine-fed, light weight, gas-operated and air-cooled features is known as AR-15. Again, gas impingement system operates the rotating clock belt of rifle.
Having chamber capacity of 7.62 x 39 mm, a Soviet rifle that is semi-automatic is called SKS. It is featured with 10 fixed internal round magazines that is loaded from the upper part of rifle.
A famous weapon that is characterized with its magazine-fed, air-cooled, selective fire, gas-operated and shoulder fire features is called M-4.
An assault rifle with gas-operated and selective fire features having chamber capacity 7.62 x 39 is called AK-47. Due to its remarkable wounding effects in case of penetrating projectile in to tissues, it is very popular and widely adopting weapon all over the world.
A version of AKM assault rifle that has special features like improved design, the cartridge of intermediate caliber means 5.45 x 39 is called AK-74.
M-16 vs AR-15 vs SKS vs M-4 vs AK-47 vs AK-74
The M16 is the United States Military designation for the AR-15 rifle. You can say that AR-15 is a selective fire assault rifle which was adopted by United States armed forces as the M16 rifle. While, SKS was one of the first weapons chambered for the 7.62x39 mm M43 round, later used in the AK-47. On the other hand, M4 carbine is a family of firearms tracing its lineage back to earlier carbine versions of the M16, all based on the original AR-15. Similarly, AK-74 is itself a refined version of the AK-47.
- What is the Difference between Volatile and Nonvolatile Memory
- What is the Difference between Exfat, Hfs, Ext3, Wbfs, Fat32 and Ntfs
- What is the Difference between Zigbee, Infrared, Wireless, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- What is the Difference between Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox Live Gold
- What is the Difference between Imap and Pop
- What is the Difference between Gateway Hub Bridge Modem Router and Switch
- What is the Difference between Pstn, Centrex, Key System, Pbx and Voip
- What is the Difference between Nuclear Fission and Nuclear Fusion
- What is the Difference between Petrol, Hybrid, Electric and Gas Cars
- What is the Difference between Ram and Rom